JOIN THE FIGHT FOR A GOVERNMENT RESCUE PACKAGE TO SAVE THOUSANDS OF TRAVEL AND TOURISM JOBS.
It’s been just over a year since the first case of COVID-19 reached our shores and began an extraordinary and tragic series of events for our nation and the world.
For the Australian travel industry, the continued closure of international borders, combined with the uncertainty of snap domestic border closures has had a devastating impact with revenue down between 60% and 99% since March 2020.
From travel agencies to airlines, tour and ground operators, cruise lines, hotels and attractions all over Australia, COVID-19 has left the travel industry reeling through the loss of thousands of jobs and taken an enormous emotional impact on operators that have had business decimated through no fault of their own.
The fate of the travel industry is now on a knife-edge as we hurtle towards the end of JobKeeper on March 28, 2021 – and any further government support.
The travel industry is now urgently calling on the Australian Government to extend a rescue package from March 29, 2021, and we need your help.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Download the Campaign toolkit to access logos, tools and other useful assets for your own marketing activity.
- Download the Facebook frame for your personal page to reach more people and start a conversation about how critical the situation is.
- Post on your own personal and business social media channels to encourage your peers, clients and connections to help the cause and share the #savethetravelindustry message far and wide.
- Print out posters and flyers for your store to grab people’s attention or use the e-newsletter template to send out the message to your clients.
- Contact your local media outlets to highlight your story and the personal impact on you and your business if support is not extended.
- Get the word out to amplify the cause through your own community, local politicians and basically anyone who will listen.
- Regardless of whether you work in the travel industry or not, join the fight by signing and sharing our ‘Save the travel industry’ petition at https://www.change.org
- Get creative and come up with your own imaginative ideas. It could be a marketing stunt, an event of some kind, a sponsored effort or just a zany idea. Whatever you come up with, we’d love to hear about it and get the word out.
WATCH AND SHARE THE VIDEO!
For all enquiries and more information please contact: